Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Never did pay to run from mom couse ya had to come home sometime."

I've learned so much from the homeless community of Norman.

For instance, the other day I was talking with a friend of mine who hasn't had anything stable in his life since his dad's expectations of perfection for him as teenager.  His story is riddled with drugs, broken relationships, and heartbreak.  And, this gentleman is incredibly spiritual.  He does not quite have the full picture of the hope, love, and freedom of Christ, but he ignites in my heart an awareness to spirituality.  I have learned to be more sensitive to the Holy Spirit because of the way my friend sees reality.
I hurt for many believers (like myself) who have lost that spiritual way of living.

This friend recently began writing down the story of his life.  He is letting me read it as he works on it.  The title of this blog entry, "Never did pay to run from mom couse ya had to come home sometime", I came across as he wrote of his childhood.  It is so profoundly hilarious and true.  I think we can all relate to this timeless adage.

I've learned so much from the homeless community of Norman.

No comments:

Post a Comment